Today I want to talk about the new fragrances I've just received from Jo Malone London; English Pear & Freesia with 154 and Lime Basil & Mandarin with Pomegranate Noir.
These products stand alone as some of the best smelling perfumes I've ever tried, but I'm getting a great kick out of combining these beautiful, artisan fragrances.
Each fragrance is designed to be worn alone or layered with another. It's a very unique experience, to have the opportunity to wear a fragrance that can help you express your identity.
It can almost transform your mood and because the silage is so good with the Jo Malone London scents, you can carry this feeling of luxury and comfort around with you all day.
The reason why I've chosen the English Pear & Freesia with 154 and Lime Basil & Mandarin with Pomegranate Noir, is because I wanted to experiment and tailor a scent that would help me remain centred and focused on my goals.
I know, it sounds incredibly zen and 'new man' but I'm going through some changes. I think we all reach a stage in life when we look to shed a skin and try new things and I'm looking for a scent that will be my signature scent and keep me grounded during this self-evolution.
I've combined the fragrances and found the complexity really evocative. I get the strong opening of citrus and a woody follow through with the English Pear.
It's also really fun to spend a moment trying to discern the different notes. I get to spend a minute masquerading as a master perfumer, pacing around my bathroom trying to decipher the hidden notes.
As a brand ambassador for Jo Malone London I'm also privy to some of the newsletters and press releases surrounding the products. Here is some tips and hints from the Jo Malone London press office on how you can combine your fragrances.
Three Ways To Try Fragrance Combining™
For a juicy, golden fragrance, luscious with fruits and fresh with delicate flowers.
1. Holding the cologne approximately 10cm from your body, spritz English Pear & Freesia Cologne two or three times over your neck, shoulders and arms.
2. Press down with your hand to settle the fragrance.
3. Repeat the above steps with Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne, layering it over the first cologne.
For a fruity fragrance, vibrant with zesty freshness, delicious with juicy depth.
1. Warm a generous amount of Lime Basil & Mandarin Body Crème between the palms of your hands.
2. Massage over your skin using large circular movements until the body crème is absorbed fully.
3. Holding the cologne approximately 10cm from your body, spritz Blackberry & Bay Cologne two or three times over your neck, shoulders and arms, or wherever you have applied the body crème. Press down with your hand to settle the fragrance.
For a dewy floral fragrance, fresh and luminous with romance.
1. To help your scent last longer, begin with a fragrant shower. Massage a generous amount of Red Roses Body & Hand Wash over your skin. Towel dry.
2. Warm a small amount of Wild Bluebell Body & Hand Lotion between the palms of your hands.
3. Smooth over your skin using large circular movements.