Party people, get prepared because this is December, which means it’s officially party season. It’s about the glitz and the glamour, the champagne cocktails, the welcoming magician, the photo booth, the sit down meal, the free drink, the boring speeches, the dad dancing, the ties around your head and maybe even a cheeky little flirt with the gorgeous girl from HR. Whatever party you are going to in the next few weeks, you’ll want to look your absolute best, your hair, your outfit and even your fragrance need to be spot on.
Today I’m going to be helping you get your hair styled ready for this party season with my personal, all time favourite hero product, the TONI&GUY Workable Matte Paste. This hair product is suitable for all hair types, which allows you to style and re-style throughout the night without having to reapply more product. It offers a textured and matte finish with long lasting hold, therefore making this product absolutely perfect for the rigours of which you’ll hair will go through during a party night out.
TONI&GUY are the perfect companion for any dapper gent, due to their devout love of fashion and British heritage. Their products are inspired by catwalk looks from London’s most stand-out fashionable designers, which is why you are guaranteed to keep on trend with your hair this party season. I want you to feel empowered and confident and I believe the best way to do that is in the way you present yourself.
Using the TONI&GUY Workable Matte paste, I’ve created two similar but different hairstyles for you to try, which are my go-to styles. The first is a rugged, messy, disheveled look and the second is a smoother, sleek, polished finish blow-dried for extra height on the quiff.
To create my natural, disheveled style, follow the steps below:
1. Start by washing your hair with TONI&GUY Men Deep Clean Shampoo as I find hair is so much easier to style after a fresh wash and it removes any unwanted product build-up.
2. Warm a finger tip of TONI&GUY Workable Matte Paste through your hands to ensure maximum pliability, then massage deep in to the roots of your hair. You can use a hairdryer on medium heat to help dry and style your hair into the rough shape that you desire.
3. Once the hair is fully dry, apply another small amount of product to the hair. Pull the front of your hair out, work the product deep into that area. For a relaxed disheveled hairstyle, there is no need to add too much product at this time otherwise you’ll lose the natural finish to the hair.
4. Finally mould your hair into shape with your fingers to complete the styled look do not use a brush as we want the finish to be quite natural. At this stage if you feel you need to add a little bit more product for extra texture, hold and for reworkable control throughout the night do so, but ad a small amount at a time.
To create my smoother, sleek, polished hairstyle, complete steps 1-3 above and then move on to step 5 below:
5. Using a hair-dryer on a medium heat, brush your hair backwards in a pompadour style starting with the crown moving forward towards the quiff. Wrap the quiff around the brush and blowdry in an upwards and backward motion to gain height and body to the hair. Finally apply one final small amount of product to the hair for that sleek, smooth finish.
SHOP MY HERO TONI&GUY HAIRCARE PRODUCT
*This post was created in collaboration with TONI&GUY Products.